We're happy to welcome you on board!
The following information is available to help you get started as a CCC participating company and to help to answer some of the questions we frequently receive!
High Level Information - CCC
- CCC is a not-for-profit events company in Calgary. We operate with a full-time staff of four people, but our events are primarily volunteer-driven. Each year, over 1000 volunteers come together to make the September Games possible.
- Over 40 events take place as part of the September Games.
- CCC hosts three types of events in the September Games: sports events, charity events, and special events.
- Participation in/attendance at all events (all types) is optional and at the discretion of each participating company.
- Events take place after typical work hours on weekdays (beginning at 6 p.m.) and on weekends.
- CCC supports ten local charities throughout the year. In 2017, our participating companies raised over $460K for our charity partners!
- In 2018, the CCC September Games will directly support the following charities:
- AARCS (Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society), Branch Out Neurological Foundation, Calgary Food Bank, Calgary Reads, Canadian Blood Services, Heart and Stroke Foundation, HomeFront YYC, KidSport Calgary, Mustard Seed Calgary and Ronald McDonald House (Southern Alberta Chapter).
- CCC reserves 30 spots for new companies each year. These spots will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Registration for the September Games opens on November 1 of the year prior.
In order to be registered to take part in the CCC September Games, a representative from your company will need to complete the following two steps:
- Pay Registration Fee
- Go to CCC's online registration portal: www.ccc-registration.com [closed for 2018]
- Select the appropriate fee category (NOTE: for NEW companies, be sure to select the "2018 New Company" option!)
- Make your payment online. It's that easy! We'll be in touch after you register with more information.
- If you're looking to pay by cheque (rather than registering online), please send an email to CCC [email@example.com] indicating your total employee count in Calgary and area and we will issue you an invoice for payment accordingly.
- Send a Company HR Letter to CCC
- CCC requires a "Company HR Letter" from each participating company, each year of the Games.
- This letter must be typed on company letterhead
- This letter must be signed by someone in your HR department (or an equivalent)
- This letter must indicate your total employee count in Calgary and Area
CCC uses this information to assign all participating companies to appropriate divisions based on company size. Although new companies are automatically assigned to the Purple Division, the HR Letter is still required.
Please send your letter to CCC digitally (via email) to [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Cost to Participate
The entry fee for all NEW companies to register for the Calgary Corporate Challenge September Games is $999 plus GST. This fee covers entry to the Purple Division (exclusive to first-year companies), including access to 11 sports events and all charity and special events in the CCC September Games. Each company may enter one team per event.
If you are a new company and you are interested in bypassing the Purple Division, thereby joining a "full" division in your first year, there are opportunities to do so through sponsorship.
Contact us or check out our Sponsorship Information page for more info!