What does AARCS do?
AARCS is a non-profit organization that relies on the generosity of the public to help cover the costs of all expenses, the majority being veterinary care for rescued and abandoned animals. While AARCS has the manpower, drive and ambition to create a safe place for animals, financial support is essential to cultivate resources and maintain basic costs, while working to further develop the organization's programs and initiatives.
In Alberta, thousands of cats and dogs are homeless, abandoned, abused or living in horrendous conditions. AARCS works closely with rural and First Nations communities where there are often limited or virtually no animal services.
In 2017, AARCS was able to help over 3000 cats and dogs. These animals were cared for by AARCS through the provision of medical care, spaying/neutering, vaccinating and adoption into new families. In addition, AARCS is also able to offer assistance programs such as Spay/Neuter, TNR (Trap-Neuter-Return) for Cats and Emergency Medical Assistance.
Charity Challenge - AARCS
Five points can be earned within this section of the Charity Challenge.
[GIVE CASH FOR CATS] - 1 point
- Donate $125 to pay for initial shelter costs for 1 cat at AARCS (covers primary vaccination, microchip, cat spay/neuter)
[GIVE DOLLARS FOR DOGS] - 1 point
- Donate $200 to pay for initial shelter costs for 1 dog at AARCS (covers primary vaccination, microchip, dog spay/neuter)
[GIVE EXTENDED ANIMAL CARE] - 1 point
- Donate extended animal care for either a cat or a dog (choosing to donate either one of the following options will earn you a point)
- Donate $300 to sponsor a cat enclosure for a year
- OR Donate $1500 to sponsor a dog kennel for a year
[GIVE SUPPLIES] - 1 point
- Donate one (or more) Animal Care Package(s)
- Choose: "For the Dogs" OR "For the Cats" (choosing to donate either one of the following options will earn you a point)
- CARE PACKAGE: For the Dogs - [1 new dog toy], [1 bag of puppy kibble (any size) OR 1 bag of dog food (any size)], [1 package of poop bags OR pee pads], and a [box of garbage bags] (any size) for use at the shelter.
- CARE PACKAGE: For the Cats - [1 new cat toy], [1 bag of kitty kibble (any size) OR 10 cans of cat food], [1 bottle of laundry detergent] and [1 bottle of bleach] for use at the shelter.
- Note: Additional items can be included in your care package at your discretion (not mandatory) . Recommendations include: gastro food for cats or dogs, cat litter, new pet beds (any size), new fleece blankets, hand soap, other NEW supplies as approved by AARCS.
[GIVE MORE] - 1 point
- Sponsor an Animal Rescue Mission - Donate $1000
- [Did You Know] - AARCS conducts multiple rescue missions each year, particularly in rural areas in and around Alberta. Your sponsorship dollars will go directly towards funding these efforts, including the provision of necessary treatment/interventions required to help these rescue animals.
NOTE: All donations to this charity are non-cumulative.
- To earn Point 1, a company must donate $125 to AARCS. To earn Point 2, an additional $200 needs to be donated, and so on. If your company is looking to donate in all monetary categories, the total ask from this organization is $1625 (based on extended care option for cats) or $2825 (based on extended care option for dogs).
How To Give
There are a number of ways to give. Please see below for your options:
- Donate online
- AARCS Donation Portal
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to indicate that your donation has been made on behalf of a CCC company. When you make your donation online, simply include your company name to ensure that your company will receive points in the Charity Challenge.
- Donate by cheque
- Address: Animal Rescue Crew Society (AARCS) - Attn: Susan Brakus - 5060 - 74 AVE SE, Calgary, AB - T2C 3C9
- Cheques can be couriered directly to AARCS (address listed above) OR dropped off at the CCC Charity Challenge Drop Off on Saturday, September 22.
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to indicate that your donation has been made on behalf of a CCC company. When you courier your cheque, please include a note that indicates your company name and that the donation is being made for the CCC Charity Challenge. This will ensure that your company will receive appropriate points in the CCC Charity Challenge Results.
- Donate by e-transfer
- Tangible donations
- All tangible donations (supplies - care packages) will ONLY be accepted at the Charity Challenge Drop Off on Saturday, September 22.
Other Important Info
If you have questions about this charity or anything to do with AARCS' involvement in the CCC Charity Challenge, please contact Susan Brakus, Events & Fundraising Coordinator at AARCS. Her contact info is as follows:
- Susan Brakus (p) - 403.999.2733 (e) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about tax receipts?
As a registered charity, AARCS is able to issue tax receipts for any donation of $20 or more. Tax Receipts will be automatically sent to the donor following online donations.
If you have any further questions about the Charity Challenge, please email Robyn Malcolm (Partner Relations & Projects Coordinator at CCC) at [email@example.com]