What does the Branch Out Foundation do?
Branch Out accelerates tech solutions and non-pharmaceutical approaches to neurological disorders. Through Branch Out's "Grant Program", this organization is able to fund top neuroscientists who are exploring alternative brain research.
The vision? A world free from neurological disorders. Since 2010, Branch Out has raised nearly $2 Million and granted 65 top western Canadian neuroscientists to look into alternative brain solutions for neurological disorders such as Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinsons, Dementia, Autism, Concussion, Depression, and more.
Charity Challenge - Branch Out Foundation
Five points can be earned within this section of the Charity Challenge.
[GIVE AWARENESS] - 1 point
[GIVE IN-KIND] - 1 point
- Donate an in-kind donation(s) to be used as a prize or as a silent auction item at a Branch Out event.
- Minimum in-kind value: $50
- Recommended donations/ideas: Gift Certificates (Restaurants, Cafes, Spas, Amazon), Wine, etc.
- In-kind donations will ONLY be accepted at the Charity Challenge Drop Off on Saturday, September 22
[GIVE BACK] - 1 point
- Become a "Branchy" by making a one-time $250(+) donation to the Foundation. A “Branchy” is a brain-loving, Branch Out Foundation Supporter!
[GIVE TIME] - 1 point
- Register a minimum of 1 rider OR 1 volunteer to take part in the Branch Out Bike Tour (June 16th in Panorama BC).
- Register here: Branch Out Bike Tour
- Important: In order to receive a point for this category, please email Crystal at Branch Out [email@example.com] after you complete your registration. Include your company name to ensure that you receive points in the CCC Charity Challenge.
- If your company cannot commit to this experience but you still want to support the Branch Out Foundation, you can earn a Charity Challenge point in this category by completing this "OR" option:
- Donate $400 to the Branch Out Foundation. This donation will be directly applied to funding the research efforts of a top PhD student at the Hotchkiss Brain Institute who is studying how non-invasive brain stimulation could help treat children who have major depressive disorder.
[GIVE A TEAM BUILDER] - 1 point
- Bring a Neuroscientist To Work!
- Book a neuroscientist through the Branch Out Foundation (cost: $2,500) to host a brain busting team building event right at your office! This team building experience will help you to answer the pressing question: “Who is the brainiest at your office!?”.
- To book a neuroscientist, please contact Crystal at Branch Out [firstname.lastname@example.org]
NOTE: All donations to this charity are non-cumulative.
How To Give
There are a number of ways to give. Please see below for your options:
- Donate online
- Branch Out - Donation Portal
- IMPORTANT: Email Crystal at Branch Out (email@example.com) indicating your total donation and your company name. This will ensure that your company will receive appropriate points in the CCC Charity Challenge Results.
- Donate by cheque
- Address: Crystal Phillips, Branch Out Foundation, #400, 119 14th ST NW, Calgary, AB - T2N 1Z6 - ATTN: BRANCH OUT/CCC
- Cheques can be couriered directly to Branch Out (address listed above) OR dropped off at the CCC Charity Challenge Drop Off on Saturday, September 22.
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to indicate that your donation has been made on behalf of a CCC company. When you courier your cheque, please include a note that indicates your company name and that the donation is being made for the CCC Charity Challenge. This will ensure that your company will receive appropriate points in the CCC Charity Challenge Results.
- Tangible donations
- All tangible donations (in-kind donations) will ONLY be accepted at the Charity Challenge Drop Off on Saturday, September 22.
Other Important Info
If you have questions about this charity or anything to do with Branch Out's involvement in the CCC Charity Challenge, please contact Crystal Phillips, Executive Director at Branch Out. Her contact info is as follows:
- Crystal Phillips (p) - 403.200.0494 (e) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about tax receipts?
Digital receipts will be auto-issued via e-mail for any online donations.
For cash or cheque donations, please request a tax receipt by emailing Crystal at Branch Out [email@example.com]. Include your full name, company name, email, phone number and mailing address. Once received, an official tax receipt will be emailed.
*Printed/Mailed tax receipts are possible upon request
If you have any further questions about the Charity Challenge, please email Robyn Malcolm (Partner Relations & Projects Coordinator at CCC) at [firstname.lastname@example.org]