What does KidSport Calgary do?
KidSport™ is a national not-for-profit organization that provides financial assistance to kids who want to play sports! KidSport believes that no kid should be left on the sidelines and every kid should be given the opportunity to experience the positive benefits of organized sports. KidSport provides support to children in order to remove financial barriers that may otherwise prevent them from playing organized sport.
100% of the dollars raised through CCC and all KidSport Calgary & Area fundraising stays right here in the local community to help a child chase their sporting dreams. The annual CCC Charity Challenge is one of KidSport's most successful annual fundraising programs. KidSport looks forward to working with your companies to make 2018 the best year yet, So ALL Kids Can Play!
Charity Challenge - KidSport Calgary
Five points can be earned within this section of the Charity Challenge.
[GIVE BACK] - 1 point
- Host a Fundraiser in support of KidSport Calgary
- This fundraiser can be a 50/50, Raffle, Bottle Drive, Bake Sale, Wine Survivor, or other. Be creative!
- In order to receive this point, you will be asked to provide proof (i.e. copy of promotional poster, copy of 50/50 license, photo shared on social media, etc.) that you have hosted a fundraiser in support of KidSport Calgary:
- Contact Lisa Doerksen (Parham) at KidSport Calgary [email@example.com] to provide proof of your fundraiser.
[GIVE FUNDS] - 1 point
- Adopt- A-Team
- Donate $500 to fund 10 kids in community soccer
[GIVE FUNDS] - 1 point
- Entry to Sport
- Donate $1500 to assist 8 kids with access to great physical literacy sports like gymnastics, dance and martial arts
[GIVE IMPACT] - 1 point
- Attend a KidSport Calgary Lunch and Learn
- KidSport Calgary will be offering 4 Lunch and Learn dates between May and August where CCC participating companies will be invited to learn more about the impact that KidSport Calgary is having in the local community.
- In order to earn this point, your company is asked to attend ONE of these Lunch and Learns.
- A list of Lunch and Learn dates and locations will be available at the Company Coordinator Workshop in May.
- Important Notes:
- There is no fee required to attend a KidSport Lunch and Learn.
- In order to receive a point in this category:
- All companies - A CEO Representative (or equivalent) will be required to attend.
- All companies - Pre-Registration will be required and attendance will be taken at the event.
- Orange/Red/White Divisions - minimum attendance of 6 people from your company (including CEO representative).
- Green/Blue/Purple Divisions - minimum attendance of 4 people from your company (including CEO representative).
[GIVE AWARENESS] - 1 point
- Help KidSport's Cause
- Purchase a VIP Table for 8 people to attend the 3rd Annual Iconic Electric & Controls Turkey Bowl ($750 value) (November 2018) OR
- Purchase 5 VIP tickets to the Eric Francis Pizza Pig Out ($500 Value) (October 2018).
NOTE: Monetary donations to this charity are cumulative. (A donation of $1500 or greater will earn you both [Give Funds] points). Purchasing of event tickets [Give Awareness] will be counted separately from monetary donations.
How To Give
There are a number of ways to give. Please see below for your options:
- Donate online
- KidSport Online Donation Portal
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to select the KidSport “Calgary” Chapter and include a note that states: CCC- Charity Challenge *Company Name*. This will ensure that your company will receive appropriate points in the CCC Charity Challenge Results.
- Donate by cheque
- Address: KidSport Calgary - PO Box 94011 Elbow River PO - Calgary, AB T2S 0S4 - ATTN: Lisa Parham RE: CCC
- Cheques can be couriered directly to KidSport Calgary (address listed above) OR dropped off at the CCC Charity Challenge Drop Off on Saturday, September 22.
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to indicate that your donation has been made on behalf of a CCC company. When you courier your cheque, please include a note that indicates your company name and that the donation is being made for the CCC Charity Challenge. This will ensure that your company will receive appropriate points in the CCC Charity Challenge Results.
- Event Tickets
- To purchase event tickets [GIVE AWARENESS] contact Lisa Doerksen (Parham) directly at [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Other Important Info
If you have questions about this charity or anything to do with KidSport's involvement in the CCC Charity Challenge, please contact Lisa Doerksen (Parham). Contact info is as follows:
- Lisa Doerksen (Parham) (p) - 403.202.0251 (e) - email@example.com
Questions about tax receipts?
If you have any further questions about the Charity Challenge, please email Robyn Malcolm (Partner Relations & Projects Coordinator at CCC) at [firstname.lastname@example.org]