We're incredibly proud of the 2017 CCC companies who came together to raise over $465k for our Charity Partners this year.
In addition to monetary donations, CCC brought in an amazing number of tangible donations for our partners. Check out some of these stats (below).
Through the 2017 CCC Charity Challenge:
- 4710 units of blood were donated to Canadian Blood Services. Notably, 323 NEW donors gave blood this year.
- 250 pairs of underwear, 276 pairs of socks, 50 winter jackets and 70 backpacks (filled with vital supplies) were donated to The Mustard Seed. 20 new sleeping mats were funded for guests. Enough dollars were raised by CCC companies to serve over 3500 meals at the shelter.
- Calgary Reads received over 4000 new and gently used children's books.
- 145 new children's toys were donated to the Ronald McDonald House Charities® Southern Alberta Magic Room. Companies also generously donated enough dollars to cover the cost of families staying at the House for a total of over 98 nights.
- 7660 pounds of food were donated to the Calgary Food Bank. The value of these donations is estimated at nearly $20k.
- 81 hockey sticks, 41 baseball gloves, 22 lacrosse sticks, 62 pairs of hockey gloves, 55 hockey helmets, and 50 basketballs were donated to KidSport Calgary & Comrie's Sports Equipment Bank.
If you ever doubt that you're making a difference, know that you are. Thank you, #yyc.