Volunteering is a great way to get more of your employees, family and friends involved in the spirit of Calgary Corporate Challenge.
The number of volunteers that your company will provide is based on your division placement.
- Company volunteers will help out in areas that involve interaction with participants, other volunteers and sponsors (ie. registration or scorekeeping). Company volunteers will not be expected to fill highly skilled or technical roles (ie. refereeing).
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age but do not need to be employed by your company.
- We recommend against anyone both participating and volunteering for the same event due to possible scheduling conflicts (ie. you may be scheduled to participate in an event at the same time as your volunteer commitment).
Company Volunteers will be required to sign a Volunteer Waiver Form on-site when they arrive at their event.
- Company Volunteers will be assigned, as a group, to one or more events. Specific volunteer assignments (ie. event dates, times, and roles) will be emailed to your company Volunteer Coordinator during the second week of August.
- Requests to change your assigned volunteer event, date(s), and/or time(s) WILL NOT be considered.
- Companies that do not fulfill their volunteer requirements will be deducted 20 points from their overall divisional score and may forfeit their spot in subsequent CCC events. These decisions are made by the Games Staff.
- Each of our 1,500 Company Volunteers will receive a free Calgary Corporate Challenge Volunteer t-shirt, courtesy of Elite Sportswear & Awards. Company Volunteers must wear this t-shirt during their volunteer assignment so they can be recognized as volunteers by participants.
The Volunteer Coordinator (or in some cases, the Company Coordinator), is responsible for ensuring that your company meets its volunteer commitments by:
- recruiting the required number of volunteers; and
- ensuring that volunteers show up at their assigned event.
The Games Staff would like to thank all of our past, present and future volunteers for their hard work and dedication. Our volunteers are an integral part of the Games and they help ensure the success of the Calgary Corporate Challenge September Games!