Approximately 40-45 events take place over the 16 days of the September Games each year. Over 10 000 people attend these events. CCC relies heavily on the support of volunteers in order to make this possible!
Companies who sign up to participate in the September Games are tasked with the responsibility of staffing one pre-assigned volunteer shift during the September Games each year.
The number of volunteers that a company will be expected to provide is based on that company's divisional placement.
Company Volunteers can be company employees, family, and friends (over the age of 18).
- Company volunteers will help out in areas that involve interaction with participants, other volunteers, and sponsors (ie. registration or score-keeping).
- Company Volunteers will not be expected to fill highly skilled or technical roles (ie. refereeing).
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age but do not need to be employed by your company.
- We recommend against anyone both participating and volunteering for the same event due to possible scheduling conflicts (ie. you may be scheduled to participate in an event at the same time as your volunteer commitment).
Company Volunteers will be required to sign a Volunteer Waiver Form on-site when they arrive at their scheduled event.
- Company Volunteers will be assigned, as a group, to one event during the Games.
- Specific volunteer assignments (ie. event dates, times, and roles) will be emailed to all Company Coordinator(s) during the second week of August.
- Requests to change an assigned volunteer event, date(s), and/or time(s) WILL NOT be considered.
- Companies that do not fulfill their volunteer requirements will be deducted 20 points from their overall divisional score and may forfeit their spot in subsequent CCC events. These decisions are made by the CCC Games Staff.
- All Company Volunteers receive a Calgary Corporate Challenge Volunteer t-shirt, courtesy of Elite Sportswear & Awards. Company Volunteers must wear this t-shirt during their volunteer assignment so they can be recognized as volunteers by participants.
The Volunteer Coordinator at each organization (most likely assigned by the Company Coordinator), is responsible for ensuring that your company meets its volunteer commitments by:
- Recruiting the required number of volunteers; and
- Ensuring that volunteers show up at their assigned event.
The Games Staff would like to thank all of our past, present and future volunteers for their hard work and dedication. The September Games would not be possible without this group!